Do you remember that I always do a list when we’ve entered a new month? A list with things to do in the garden that particular month. We’re in the middle of June already and I haven’t posted any list yet, so I suppose it’s time to give you one. June is a wonderful month, actually one of my favourites, and there’s plenty of things to do at this time of the year.
- Start harvesting your vegetables. If you’ve planted vegetables a few months ago they should be ready to harvest now. Use early carrots, lettuce, radish and everything else that can be found for your cooking. It’s always delicious to eat the first, fresh vegetables from your own garden.
- Plant out broccoli, summer cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Tomatoes that should be placed outside are ready to be moved now.
- It’s time to sow some new vegetables. Carrots, sweetcorn, squash, cucumber… It’s all your choice!
- Keep an eye on the snails in the garden! They can destroy plenty of plants from the ground.
- The first early potatoes may be ready to harvest. They will make a great addition on your dinner table.
These are just a few of the things that can be done in June. Feel free to fill the list with suggestions in case I’ve forgotten something!
Photo: Adrienne dePitera