Well, it’s starting to become a bit of a tradition to list all things that should be done every month. We’re now in July (wow! Can’t believe it!) and the garden is blooming now. It’s time to enjoy all the beauty in the garden but there’s still work that has to be done.
- Make sure to dead-head all your flowers and plants to make them bloom during a longer period of time. Keep all your plants well watered since this can be a really dry and warm month!
- Make sure to clean your pond from algae and keep the pond fresh and beautiful.
- It’s time to start collecting seed from those plants that you would like to grow next year. It might sound a bit ahead of time but this is actually the perfect time to do it.
- Harvest some of your herbs and use it for cooking or let them dry in the kitchen to give a nice scent to your home. You can also harvest tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and other vegetables this month.
- Plant out broccoli, cabbage and leeks.
- Pick fruit if it’s ready to eat.
Have a look in your garden. Can you come up with some other ideas of things that needs to be done in July?