Another summer month has begun, August is here! This means it’s time for another to-do-list, since I post a new one every month.
August is normally a warm and dry month and it’s definitely the perfect time to spend many hours in the garden. You can sit there, enjoying the sun, and you can arrange barbecues there as well. However, there are some other things that needs to be done as well, and here comes a short list.
- Pick herbs from the garden. The can be used fresh for cooking but you can also dry them for later use.
- Keep harvesting, there’s much to harvest in the garden at this time of year. Also remember to dead-head when needed.
- Save seeds from vegetables and plants.
- This is a great time to plant perennials and trees since it will give them time to root before it gets cold. Remember to give them water on a regular basis.
- Pick fruit from the trees as soon as it’s ready. You can eat it directly or use it for pies, jams and lemonade.
- Remember to add water wherever it’s needed, August can be very warm!
- Take plenty of photos! Your garden is usually as beautiful as it an be in August and some photos can be good to have since it will help you plan your garden next year.
These are a few of the things that needs to be done now. Do you have any more tasks to add?
Photo: Herb Gardening Guide